Did you set professional goals for the coming year? If you begin to doubt them, perhaps the goals could use a slight tweak here or there. Try adding the following elements to optimize your objectives for success:
- Think bigger. If you don’t have to stretch past your comfort zone, you won’t experience inspiration or growth.
- Consider your vision. Each goal must support your overall purpose.
- What are you afraid of? Perfectionism can be a sign of fear. Procrastination often serves as a red flag for perfectionism-based anxiety.
- Magic wand tool. What would it look like to get there?
- Genie tool. What do you need to get there (skills, knowledge, support)?
- List and research how to gain your resources.
- Baby steps. Break down the goal into smaller objectives.
- Be accountable to someone, especially if you work for yourself.
- Keep your big “why” in view.
- Consider the “who” your work will benefit most. Pray for them daily.
- Create ample margins. White space is essential to the content’s impact.
- It’s better to be the right person in a low position than the wrong person in a high position. Make your character a priority at every step of your journey.
What are your professional goals this year? Remember to add your comments to enter the $10 Amazon card giveaway.