Drudgery seeps in from the same old walls glaring at us. Creativity withers if we don’t crack open a new view once in a while. A change of scenery helps, but sometimes refreshing our everydace space is what we need most.
Here are a few tips on how to optimize your living and working realms:
- Consider colors as nutrients (See this Art Therapy blog post for more info or learn even more specifics on this color psychology site).
- Add visible inspiration.
- Work in the light, rest in the subtler shades.
- Employ the power of scents (here’s an Enterepreneur article for more specifics).
- Do you hear what I hear?
- Textures communicate attitudes and comfort.
- Refresh your space each season, even if only a little bit.
- Pay attention to ergonomics. Aches limit productivity and rest.
- Separate work, eating, and sleeping areas.
- Add a breath of life, or some semblance thereof.
- Keep it fresh. The air, that is.
- Tame the clutter monster. It can eat your homework and your rest.
- Clean often, clean less.
- What makes you smile? Season all your spaces with joy.
Any other tips which make your spaces a delight to dwell in? Share them with us! I look forward to reading your comments.