Emotional health concerns maintaining a healthy relationship with yourself as well as with others.
HOW am I doing?
- DTR with yourself.
- Be aware of your emotional state. Positive AND Negative.
WHEN and WHERE do I start feeling this way?
- Evaluate triggers (+ and -).
WHY do I feel this way?
- Identify underlying causes for emotions, like past trauma or interpretations of circumstances.
- Record negative thoughts and positive truths. Monitor self talk. I think therefore I feel.
WHAT am I doing, and WHAT better things could I offer myself?
- List your go-to coping strategies.
- Be your own bestie.
- Take time for your own wellness.
- Stress management
- Embrace and employ your ability to change.
If you need guidance to navigate these aspects of emotional health, consider a few life coaching sessions. A coach will identify the steps and set up a plan, with sessions to check on your progress along the way as needed. Check out my life coaching page if you’re interested in the convenience of online sessions from a licensed professional.
Share your additional ideas and comment about your progress! We’re here to offer mutual support.
As we read in Hebrews 10:24-25, “We should think about each other to see how we can encourage each other to show love and do good works … we need to keep on encouraging each other. This becomes more and more important”
Next week, we’ll discuss the spiritual component of heart wellness. Until then, have a healthy week!